Movie Review and Horror Theory

Write a 200-word movie review of Barking Dogs Never Bite, in which you examine specific examples from the movie that apply to the horror theories discussed in class. Please contact me if you need access to the film on Netflix.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Seeking A Reason to Blow Up





We all get angry of something, and at the end we do some unrelated things to show our anger. In this movie, I see that guy is under pressure and he is not happy at all. Moreover, his pregnant wife gets more and more emotional and pushes him to work and take care of her. I remember when I was in high school.
I used to get mad at something at school and come home and everything look so uncomfortable to me. I was seeking a reason to blow up and it was just foolish at the end, but we people do not realize things unless we look at them out of the scene. In this movie, the guy was in the same situation but worse for sure. After all, I think he is having psychological problems to show his anger on barking dogs. The scene he torture the dog was quite repulsive and I could not stand it because I love dogs. He was abusive and I felt weird while i was watching the movie. However, it was also interesting to me that I have not seen a Korean movie before. I find it very different than other kinds. Also, I could not distinguish how it is a drama and a comedy at the same time. I did not find any funny scene at all. But overall, i like the movie. 

1 comment:

  1. I liked the fact that MissOner did not spend too much time describing the events in a movie akin to most of the people. I also liked that he/she included personal experiences and feelings in his/her movie review. And he/she is right about the movie being not scary at all.

    ReplyDelete